Veterans Tip: Set Your Medical Records Straight

On occasion, VA physicians and medical staff make mistakes when drafting their notes.  Veterans have the right to request amendments to any information in their health record. 

Requests must be in writing and adequately describe the specific information the Veteran believes to be inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant, or untimely, and the reason for this belief.  The written request should be mailed or delivered to the VHA health care facility that maintains the record.

(504) 235-4075